Shoulder Cross Body Bag Hunter Black
- The shape of this shoulder bag is inspired by vintage hunter’s bags.
- Three compartments, each compartment being expandable. Front compartment for purse and phone, middle compartment for all other belongings, and a smaller compartment in the back for documents. This section also has a flat zip pocket.
- Fine full grain calf leather, made in Tuscany, Italy.
- Akaso signature skin scarification motif on the flap and the back. A motif co-created with the Kara tribe in Ethiopia, famous for their abstract body painting art and skin scarification.
- Metal gold plated lock under the flap.
- Leather shoulder strap with metal gold plated chain.Length adjustable : either short to wear the bag right under the shoulder, or longer for a cross body wear.
- Metal zips with white gold plating and hand polished : the smooth zip teeth are nail and hand jewellery friendly.
- Finishing inside : deluxe durable fabric.
- Metal accessories white gold plated.
- H 20 cm, L 25,5 cm, D 9,5 cm / H 7,8", L 10", D 3,75".
Each Akaso bag is made of fine full grain calf leather made in Italy, and certified a by-product of the meat industry. We use a tanning technique that colors the skin in depth: this will conceal any small scratch that may appear on your bag due to tear and wear. The tanning technique also reveals the natural skin structure, sign that we use the finest skins free of any marks. After tanning, each skin is tumbled to add suppleness and best resistance against tear-and-wear. At the end, each Akaso skin gets a finishing that will protect it against water and dust for a year at least.
The Akaso leather tanning and finishing technique will preserve the natural beauty of each skin as it ages : each Akaso bag is designed for longevity. We recommend to clean and nourish your Akaso handbag following our Leather Goods Care Guide.
Akaso handbags are hand made in Portugal. The signature Akaso scarification motif is applied with a secret technique, revealing a permanent motif whilst keeping the skin’s suppleness. Looking closer you will notice that each ‘scar’ has a different shape. It makes every Akaso bag truly unique. Because this motif will stretch the leather, we can only use leather of the finest quality, younger and supple skins free of any marks.
- The Hunter bag is constructed inside out : the body is built with leather of various thicknesses creating structure and suppleness where we need it, and this structure is subsequently “dressed” on the outside with the Akaso full grain leather decorated with the signature scarification motif. This requires a lot of precise handwork and long production times.