Cross Body Bag Amhara Scars Black
- Light weight and de-structured shoulder bag.
- Two compartments and one zip pocket.
- Akaso signature skin scarification motif on the flap and the back. A motif co-created with the Kara tribe in Ethiopia, famous for their abstract body painting art and skin scarification.
- Fine full grain calf leather, made in Tuscany, Italy.
- Finishing inside : genuine deluxe and resistant goat suede.
- Closes with a magnetic snap button under the flap.
- Leather cross body shoulder strap : removable and adjustable.
- Metal accessories white gold plated.
- H 16,5 cm, L 25 cm, D 11 cm / H 6,5“, L 10“, D 4,3“
Each Akaso bag is made of fine full grain calf leather made in Italy, and certified a by-product of the meat industry. We use a tanning technique that colors the skin in depth: this will conceal any small scratch that may appear on your bag due to tear and wear. The tanning technique also reveals the natural skin structure, sign that we use the finest skins free of any marks. After tanning, each skin is tumbled to add suppleness and best resistance against tear-and-wear. At the end, each Akaso skin gets a finishing that will protect it against water and dust for a year at least.
The Akaso leather tanning and finishing technique will preserve the natural beauty of each skin as it ages : each Akaso bag is designed for longevity. We recommend to clean and nourish your Akaso handbag following our Leather Goods Care Guide.
Akaso handbags are hand made in Portugal. The signature Akaso scarification motif is applied with a secret technique, revealing a permanent motif whilst keeping the skin’s suppleness. Looking closer you will notice that each ‘scar’ has a different shape. It makes every Akaso bag truly unique. Because this motif will stretch the leather, we can only use leather of the finest quality, younger and supple skins free of any marks.